Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WoW, waiting on wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Tease
Emma Putnam is dead, and it's all Sara Wharton's fault.

At least, that's what everyone seems to think. Sara, along with her best friend and three other classmates, has been criminally charged for the bullying and harassment that led to Emma's shocking suicide. Now Sara is the one who's ostracized, already guilty according to her peers, the community, and the media.

During the summer before her senior year, in between meetings with lawyers and a court-recommended therapist, Sara is forced to reflect on the events that brought her to this moment—and ultimately consider her role in an undeniable tragedy. And she'll have to find a way to move forward, even when it feels like her own life is over.

In this powerful debut novel inspired by real-life events, Amanda Maciel weaves a narrative of high school life as complex and heartbreaking as it is familiar: a story of everyday jealousies and resentments, misunderstandings and desires. Tease is a thought-provoking must-read that will haunt readers long after the last page.
Expected publication: April 29th 2014 by Balzer + Bray


What are you waiting on?




25 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting :D I hope you will end up loving it. <3 thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop! I'm looking forward to this as well. I love the actual real-life cover they showed on Tea Time once and the story sounds so good too. Can't wait to see what either of us will think of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's new to me! Not sure it's my kind of read but still hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved Tease so would highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I am really excited to read this one, sounds so good!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a pretty good read. I'll have to add it to my tbr :)

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also really excited to read this! Wondeful WoW choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blurb tugs at me, and I'm very intrigued. I will be watching for your review...hope you love it.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pick. It sounds very intense! I hope you get to read Tease soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like my kind of book, thanks for sharing :) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I won't be reading this one. Some of the reviews I have seen are really bad. And the Megan Meier / Facebook tragedy happened just a few miles from where I live. I have a teenage daughter who goes through this crap at school, so I live it every day.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this one sounds powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have heard great things about this one I hope you'll enjoy it :) Great pick, Brandi :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very brave topic for the author to write about. And for you to read about. I can't wait to see what you think about it. I have read nothing about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been curious about this one too and weirdly I don't think I've seen any reviews on it yet. though I didn't go look for them either. But anyways, I def. want to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds so intense and heartbreaking, I'm not sure if I will pick it up. I admire that you don't shy away from theses real life issues in your reads. Having a daughter getting ready for High School, and seeing already the sad social issues that these kids must deal with daily... All I can say is how important it is for kids to know you love them. Hats off to you, Brandi :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. this one is a new one to me, I'm curiiys to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read this one last week and thought it was a hard and intense read, I thought it was well-done. I know you like issue books, so I hope you agree ;)
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  19. I passed up on this Harper title, but I hope you enjoy it, Brandi!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH! I've seen this one around, and it does look so good!

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pick, does look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've read several really good reviews for Tease. It sounds very intense.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)