Sunday, August 14, 2011

Review: Passion by Lauren Kate


Passion (Fallen, #3)
Luce would die for Daniel.
And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . .
Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.
Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.
Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.
Published in US:
Source: library
3rd in Fallen series, 4th out spring 2012
My Review:   Well, I flew through Passion, finishing in less than a day. I didn't want to put it down, and I needed to know what would come next.
   Passion wasn't really what I expected... while in theory we got to see some of their romances and where the love is coming from in their past encounters, I really wanted at least one start to finish meeting and falling in love.
    What I got instead was interesting, and it really helps to see where Daniel's immense love comes from, and get to know him and where he's been. What Luce got from it was more of a sense of who she is, and she has to learn and convince herself that their love is from something real, not just fate or simple attraction.
   This is a good addition to the series, and I know that I'll pick up the last and hope that all the threads are tied up and something happens with a bang.

5 comments:

  1. I'm kinda on the fence about this one as, to me, it seems like the more interesting part of the story comes via the flashbacks, rather than in the present of the novel. Not to say those past romances aren't written well, but the past versions of Daniel and Luce were more interesting to me than their present counterparts.


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read Torment but I'm looking forward to getting caught up and finally reading this one! I look forward to learning more about Daniel and Luce and their past lives together:) Thanks for the review Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to get started on this series. I'm glad you enjoyed this one, since I've read mixed reviews of it. Great review, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first book in this series is on my TBR list. I hope you have an awesome weekend!

    Also, I’m a new follower— wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED Passion! Rapture is sure to be epic!


    You should check out our AWESOME giveaways!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)