Monday, June 6, 2011

Review: Dead Rules by Randy Russell

Dead Rules 
Dead Rules by Randy Russell

Till death
Jana Webster and Michael Haynes were in love. They were destined to be together forever.
Do
But Jana's destiny was fatally flawed. And now she's in Dead School, where Mars Dreamcote lurks in the back of the classroom, with his beguiling blue eyes, mysterious smile, and irresistibly warm touch.
Us
Michael and Jana were incomplete without each other. There was no room for Mars in Jana's life—or death—story. Jana was sure Michael would rush to her side soon.
Part
But things aren't going according to Jana's plan. So Jana decides to do whatever it takes to make her dreams come true—no matter what rules she has to break.
Publishes in US: 6/21/11
Source: JKS 

My Review: 


   This is a very interesting approach to being dead. I really enjoyed this book, with it's dark touch and I appreciated the humor that was put in everywhere.
   The characters are interesting and I enjoyed reading about their deaths, which were mostly a little wild and out there, but added to the story perfectly. It was odd how your death became the pennacle of who you are and that is the first and most important thing people want to know about you--whether or not it attests to how the rest of your life was. Who you were and what you did all boils down to your death. It was also interesting how it seemed your status after your death was solely judged on your death, not on how you live. Some of the sliders to me seemed to have a better heart and be more worthy of being a riser than some of the risers.
   The switches in perspectives are pulled off really well, and it gives a more in depth peek into some of the secondary characters.
 

6 comments:

  1. Good review, this book sounds really interesting and I'm definitely curious about it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Brandi! I've been hearing a lot about this book. It does have an interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this for a while now. It sounds really good! Thanks for sharing your review with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked this one. Like you, I felt like some of the sliders were actually better people than some of the risers. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to read this book, the cover of it is amazing. Thanks for sharing the review. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My IMM #006 --> Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every bar, tavern, club and hall with a pool table (in the US) should have a copy of this on-hand. The horrendous inconsistence and outright ridiculousness of most local and house "rules", not to mention individual "rules", has made a sorry mess of recreational American pocket billiards. I can only hope that the REAL games of 8-ball, 9-ball, etc., become better known to amateur players over time, and that the bogus, corrupt, yokel variants of these games finally die off some day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)