Sunday, April 3, 2011

Review: Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz

Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz


Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz


Noah’s happier than I’ve seen him in months. So I’d be an awful brother to get in the way of that. It’s not like I have some relationship with Melinda. It was just a kiss. Am I going to ruin Noah’s happiness because of a kiss? Across four sun-kissed, drama-drenched summers at his family’s beach house, Chase is falling in love, falling in lust, and trying to keep his life from falling apart. But some girls are addictive.... Not your typical beach read  


Publishes in US: April 19th 2011
Standalone novel
Source: Simon Galley Grab


My Review: 
 I think that it is important to note going in that this is not your typical light summer beach read. But it DOES have amazing characters, a rich storyline, and a gritty, raw and unforgettable writing style.
   I really like how the characters are authentic and they have problems. They work through their issues in their own ways, but at the end they still aren't perfect. This is not a criticism in any way, but it is a view of real life. The characters do grow and change, but they do not get the happily ever after, even though they learn to be happy with their circumstances. 
   Invincible Summer really has detailed and interesting family dynamics, but I love the message through it all, siblings love and are there for each other. It was touching to see them interact and frustrating when they were being silly. Not silly as in haha but doing real life mistakes and you could see them hurting. 
   I gotta say though, one thing I skipped was all the Camus quotes. I understand that was their thing and what they bonded over, but it's just not my thing. 
   I also appreciate the male POV in this book. I feel like it's well written and true to character. I expected some of the details to be skimped over, but they weren't. Not to the point of gratuity but I got a peek at how guys might think of in certain situations. 
   I could not put this book down, and I'm missing the characters now even as I'm writing about them. 


I'd love to hear what you think of this book and/or my review!
Here's my video review:

9 comments:

  1. I just started to read it,,,,great review now I am excited

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review! I love it.

    Moskowitz is MOSS-co-wits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love boy POV! And apparently Hannah Moskowitz is bomb at it, so I'm excited to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds fantastic. i really want to read this book. thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read many male POVs. I am really looking forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great book. I enjoyed Hannah Moskowitz's book Break, so I'm sure I'll love this one. Great review!

    Grace @ feedingmybookaddiction.blogspot.com
    (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely a book I want to read. So glad to hear it was a wonderful read with authentic characters. Male POVs are certailnly rare but they definitely are quite refreshing to read, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. They def are refreshing! Esp when done well

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)