Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Review: The Darlings are Forever by Melissa Kantor

The Darlings Are Forever (Hardcover) by Melissa Kantor
Review: The Darlings are Forever by Melissa Kantor




Jane, Victoria, and Natalya. Together, they are the Darlings. Best friends forever. They have matching necklaces, their own table at Ga Ga Noodle, and even a shared motto: May you always do what you’re afraid of doing.
When the friends begin freshman year at three different high schools in distant corners of New York City, they promise to live by their motto and stay as close as ever. The Darlings know they can get through anything as long as they have each other. But doing scary new things is a lot easier with your friends beside you. And now that the girls aren’t spending all their time together, everything they took for granted about their friendship starts to feel less certain. They can’t help but wonder, will they really be the Darlings forever?
Published Jan 2011
1st in series


My Review:


     The Darlings are forever follows three friends in their process of growing up and finding themselves. I was caught up in their stories. The blend of interests, nationalities, and personalities really made the story. 
     I can't wait to read more about the girls, because all of the plots were not wrapped up the way I would have wanted. But its in a good way, wanting more! 
     Victoria's crush on Jack is sweet, and it is refreshing not to have a love at first sight. 
     Jane's story deals with important issue that is not really talked about very much. 
     Natalya's discovery of what true friends are about is really intriguing to watch, but I def wanted more about Collin. 

     This is a cute contemp and I'd recommend it if you want a feel good book that will make you laugh some, and feel a lot.




4 comments:

  1. I agree! I really wanted to read the second book after finishing the first:) My favorite relationship was between Victoria and Jack. Look for my review soon!
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! I've heard that this book is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between you and Melissa, I'm now dying to read this one! I love a cute, sweet story to break up all the paranormal books I read:) Thanks Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a nice break from the paranormal!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)