Sunday, December 5, 2010

Review: Merger by Jacquelyn Wheeler

Merger (The Soterians, #2)
 Merger by Jacquelyn Wheeler
Ashlyn Woods seems like an average college student: going to classes, riding her bike, and spending time with her boyfriend, Kai. But Ashlyn is far from average . . . 
she is a Soterian, a person who has developed special powers to fight evil. When a large car manufacturing plant in Minnesota is shut down because of a merger, putting an entire town out of work, Ashlyn struggles to balance school, her training, and her sometimes fragile relationship with Kai while fighting against the corruption that is threatening thousands of innocent people. 

But when she and the other Soterians discover that a new factory in Mexico holds the key to a dangerous secret, Ashlyn is reminded that nothing is as important as the ever-present threat of Deimos, the ultimate source of evil, who knows much more about Ashlyn and her loved ones than she had ever feared.
Book links to The Book Depository and photo and teaser from Goodreads
Published in US: Mar 11th 2010
2nd in The Soterians series

**My rating: 4/5**

*My Review*


     Merger is an enjoyable second book in the series. The Soterians are great to read about and it is such a unique concept how their powers are distributed and how they work.
     Ashlyn is once again a great main character with a voice that is fun to read, and it is ever so easy to get caught up in her world. She is easy to relate to because she is not perfect, but she is working through her problems. She deals with jealousy and assuming the worst in a situation and I can totally understand how that feels and how easy it is to fall into.
     There is still action, but not quite as much in this book. It is really interesting to see how they tackle corruption from politicians and corporations and the widespread effects. While there was less action, there was a lot of character building. I got to know and love the secondary characters. Jesse was my favorite, as they spend more time together. He is funny and a very real character.
      Merger is well paced, and I was never bored, and I am craving for the next book! The Soterians is a great series, and it is a wonderful world to get lost in.


I would love to hear what you think of the book and/or my review!


5 comments:

  1. I love the Solterians series! I am glad you enjoy it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting series. It's the first time I'm hearing of it, so will definitely have to add it to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to start the series now. It sounds great! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review, Brandi! I'm hoping to have Fracture (book three) out in the next few months...it's being edited as we speak. I'm really excited about this one and can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover for this book, but I didn't realize it was the second in a series. I'll have to look into the first one and check it out.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)