Friday, August 27, 2010

Review: Lost for Words by Kuipers

Lost for WordsLost for Words by Alice Kuipers

Link goes to and teaser from goodreads.com

"
My New Year's resolution: I'm moving on from everything that's happened. I'm not going to talk about it, think about it, let the memory pounce upon me like a waiting tiger, nothing.
All Sophie wants to do is forget. But it's not easy now that everything's changed. The house feels too big, school drags on for too long, lights are too bright, the room spins, and her hands get sweaty for no reason. And she can't remember why she was ever best friends with Abigail, who is obsessed with parties and boys. Only the new girl, Rosa-Leigh, with her prose poems and utter confidence, might understand. But talking to her seems impossible.
Lost in memories of the life she once had, Sophie retreats into herself. But there's only so long she can keep everything bottled up inside before she explodes. Maybe by confronting the tragedy of her past she'll figure out how to fix her future.'


**My rating: 4 of 5 stars**

*My short but sweet review*


This is an emotional book written in journal entry form. In some cases, this is a problem with me for books, but Kuipers writes to where it feels seamless to me. I got the feeling I was peeking into someone's private life, so she was successful getting me in Sophie's mind and world.

The friendships are really unstable in this book, but I think that it reflects real life and the stress these are put under (ed and ptsd).

It is frustrating yet also beautiful how the story unfolds, and finding out more about Sophie and Emily's relationship and how Emily died and how/if Sophie was involved/at fault.



I would love to hear what you think and if you have reviewed, feel free to link and I will read and comment.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this book and I'm hoping it'll come out in paperback so I can get it! Fab review!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)